Monday, March 9, 2009

Mya, Mya, Mya. . .

First of all let me emphasize how awesome I think Mya is. The girl is hilarious. And her personality--priceless. She's going places. Both my girls are. Going places. Hopefully I can channel them to good places. :)

First item of business. Does anyone know how to get bright blue toothpaste out of the carpet? Courtesy of Mya.

Second. Today Mya took a big swig of diet coke (so I'm not as strong as I thought I was. Back off), held it in her cheeks for a second, checked to make sure I was watching and then sprayed it from her mouth all over the kitchen counter. I'll admit, I turned my head and laughed. That is why I never should have been allowed to be a mother. It was funny. I then turned around and put my "angry" face on and made her help me clean it up. She didn't buy it.

Third. Jaida, Mya, and two of Jaida's friends were playing in the toy room yesterday(I apologize to their parents if they happen to read this blog). Their laughter got progressively louder and then I could hear the "something naughty is going on" laugh. Then one of Jaida's friends shrieks "She's eating the poo." Normally I don't pay much attention to the comments coming out of the toy room, but when the word "poo" and Mya are in the same sentence, I pay attention. So I ran (yep, ran) to the toyroom and Mya was holding what looked like a chocolate covered raisin in her hand (which we happen to have in the house from time-to-time). Whatever it was, she had just taken it out of her mouth. I took it from her and gave it the sniff test. Definitely poo. Old poo. Nothing fresh straight from the diaper.

Not sure where to proceed at this point, I asked her where she got it. She pointed to the mailbox in her "door" toy (you know, the fisher-price door that has the mailbox and window, etc.).
Apparently, it had been removed from a previous diaper, and stored in the mailbox. Um. Pretty sure there's not a word for how disgusting that is. I threw the poo in the toilet and dragged her to the bathroom and washed her down (my sister later asked if I put something nasty in her mouth so she'd realize she'd done something bad. my response--she had POO in her mouth. What could I possibly have put in her mouth WORSE than that). I then sanitized the door toy mailbox. And then had to go on a hunt through the rest of the toys to make sure there weren't more treasures.

Seriously. Does this stuff really happen? To me it does. No one can prepare you for the surprises kids can bring.
And why, WHY do they put everything in their mouth? There's no logic to that. Freud and the Oral stage--BOO on you.

And now I'm really getting the pressure to potty train her. Anyone want to come hunker down for a week and do it for me? :)

7 comments:

Oliver Blog said...

goodness, she seems to really like poo!

Mommy McD said...

You'll have to teach me how to fake the "angry face". My boys get away with too much because I'm not good at faking it. They know what they did was funny - so they repeat it. At least they don't think poo is funny... yet anyway. They are boys, we'll give it time.

Ann said...

I don't know what to say except that I'm so glad you are recording all of this. Priceless.

Jaimi said...

Linds, I'm sending you some recipes. I think Mya is hungry.

Rebecca said...

Linds, things like that are NOT normal!

Anonymous said...

haha. That's hilarious. Good luck pottu training. I'm not looking forward to it.

Mieka said...

Love the entry. I don't know if it will work for blue toothpaste but it worked for blue ball point pen - oxy-clean. It took like two hours of scrubbing but it finally came up. Good luck! And when are we gonna do lunch again?