Yesterday I washed 6 loads of laundry, folded, AND put them all away in the same day. It's a christmas miracle.
By the time 9:30 rolled around, I was ready for bed. So I took a unisom. It is now 9:30 am the next day and I still feel drunk with sleep medicine. Sometimes I forget that my body absorbs medicine far too well. And I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. So I'm typing in an effort to stay awake. Maybe someone should call in a while to make sure I'm not curled up in my bed while the girls tie me up and burn down the house.
The post for today is dedicated to our family home evening last night. Here's how it went:
We sang "I Am a Child of God." The girls knew all the words, but we were very, very off key.
Jaida said she "signed up for the scripture". She insisted she could read it on her own. So we let her try for 5 minutes while we listened to her mumble "God" "behold" "Jesus" "and" "and" "and" . . . . then Mike helped her.
And then for the lesson. Jaida also said she signed up for that too. Here's how it proceeded.
J: "Today's lesson is on the priesthood."
Me: "How old do you have to be to get the priesthood?"
J: shrugs her shoulders
Me: "You have to be 12." "What can people with the priesthood do?"
J: "HOLY GHOST."
Me: "Yes. Do you know what the Holy Ghost is?"
J: "The priesthood." Hmmm....
I then started to give Jaida an explanation of what the Holy Ghost is. And then Mya started in.
Mya: "Holy Ghost. Holy Ghost. Holy Ghost. Holy Ghost. HOLY GHOST."
Me: talking louder trying to explain what the Holy Ghost does
Mya: "MOM. The Holy Ghost is in the toy room."
Me: "Oh really. What's he doing in there?"
Mya: "He's biting the toys."
Lesson over. But Mya proceeded to tell us about all the things the Holy Ghost was biting including my sisters dog Chester.
Oh. And during the whole thing, Mya was sporting this outfit. Putting "underwears" over her diaper temporarily seems to help her keep it on. And she's anti-clothes even when it's 20 degrees outside.
1 comment:
Dre'a is always naked with high heels on. I am nervous!!!
Post a Comment