Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Garden.

Just had to document the first official Mike and Lindsay Ross family garden. My husband is a hobby farmer. :) And the plants are producing so it's definitely a success!











And for those of you who have your own gardens and don't know what to do with all your zucchini, try zucchini soup. It's SO good. And really easy (a Lindsay requirement). After I birthed Jaida, I was really nauseous. For several weeks after. And the only thing I could stomach was this soup. So Mike made batch after batch. He's such a good guy.

Here's the recipe. It was passed on to me from Mike's mom.

3 cups cooked and pureed zucchini (just cut it up, boil it and then blend it up in a blender. Leave the skin on. One really big zucchini usually makes about 3 cups)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt, pepper to taste
1/2 to 3/4 C grated cheese (I use 4 to 5 slices of American cheese)
1/2 C evaporated milk

Just mix all the ingredients together and that's it. Seriously, try it. Really, really good.

And for anyone who doesn't have a garden, my dad planted enough for about 100 families and would be more than happy to share. I think he has at least 4 zucchini plants, and somewhere around 30 different tomato plants. And no I'm not exaggerating on the tomatoes.

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

Muy excellente!!! Such beautiful produce! Tell your dad to send a few of those tomatoes our way. And I have an awesome roasted tomato soup recipe you can try if you need some tomato-y ideas :)