Friday, February 8, 2008

Toilets or Diapers. . .

So, I'm not sure a potty-trained kid is all it's cracked up to be. I resisted potty training Jaida, but got enough pressure I finally gave in. I've already posted about the initial potty training, and for a while she's done quite well. But in the last few months she seems to be having more frequent "accidents". I can understand when she's playing and gets busy and forgets. . .you're bound to have a few here and there. But her "accidents" (and yes, those are in quotations for a reason) generally tend to happen on the bathroom floor, directly in front of the toilet. Madening. That has happened 4 or 5 times and she continued to use the excuse "I didn't hurry. . . .sorry!" Then one time I came in and she was sitting ON the toilet, but her levis were on. . .she peed right through them. When I gave her the "What the hell?" (sorry for the language, but what the heck just doesn't cut it here) look she again said. . ."Sorry, I didn't hurry." So this last time (yesterday) I walked into the bathroom to find her completely naked, climbing off the counter where she had just finished peeing in the sink. Seriously?!! I had absolutely no response or comment for that one. She did a clean pee (no spills anywhere) and her clothes were still clean so what do you do? In fact, I still smile when I think about it because it's so outrageous. And she just looked at me so matter-of-factly. . ."I just peed in the sink, mom." And I'm laughing when I type it. So now I wonder if diapers were really that bad. :)

4 comments:

C*K*J said...

Okay Lindsay--- Your kids are a total crack-up! Thanks for a good laugh! Hang in there! See you Monday! :)

Steph said...

I completely understand the swearing thing - sometimes it just comes out - but now my kids are old enough to say "mom that's a swear word" and make me feel really guilty. Your kids are hilarious - I love reading about them, I always laugh!

Anonymous said...

The "what the hell" look is no where near as effective as the "what the hell" voice, but then you already know that.

Hollie said...

Ha ha, I love the fact that Jaida makes you're life so complicated. It's really quite enjoyable reading all the things she does to you.