I'm on a blog streak. I've been meaning to blog this for a while for journal purposes.
I imagine all kids go through phases where they do certain things and then grow out of them. I wanted to document a few things that my girls do that are either funny, or slightly maddening depending on the day.
We'll start with Jaida:
--She gets the hand towels in the bathroom wet. All the time. And by wet I mean she puts them in the sink, turns the water on, and then lays them on the counter. No explanation for it, she just does it. I started hiding the towels which then becomes a problem when someone uses the bathroom.
--she climbs on the counters all the time. This was more of a problem at my parents house, but she still tries to do it here.
--She always wants a drink of apple juice in the middle of the night. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that can't be good for your teeth.
--She still is addicted to binkies. And I can't muster up the energy to take it away. But for some reason it really seems to bother other people when they see her with one. Not sure why anyone cares but the dentist.
--Jaida rarely eats breakfast. She is definitely her daddy's girl on that one. I'm famished by about 3 in the morning. She usually waits until lunch to eat. But if she does happen to eat breakfast, it's lucky charms and all she eats is the marshmallows.
--She still watches Caillou. For those of you who haven't seen Caillou, consider yourself lucky. It's a PBS cartoon about a little 4 year old boy who for some reason is bald, whose dad apparently doesn't have a job, and whose parents ALWAYS have time to play with him and do creative activities.
--When we go to fast food places (and yes, we frequent them too often) she insists that the person taking our order needs to be a boy and the person giving us our food needs to be a girl. If it's not that way, she gets very angry. This one is bizarre and I have no explanation for it. But seriously, she's ticked if the sexes are mixed up on this one.
On to Mya:
--She pulls wipes out of the box and tries to squeeze out all the moisture, then puts them back in. She squeezes as hard as her little hand will let her. So usually when I go to pull a wipe out, I find a big wad of crumpled up, partially dried wipes.
--She refuses to sit down while eating unless it's at her little table. If she's at the big table with us, she won't sit. And the highchair is old news. I tried my hardest to "force" her to stay in that. I got a good glimpse of her strength that day. She's one tough little girl with a VERY stiff body.
--She still hoovers fruites. There's no chewing involved. Sometimes she'll go through 3 bags in one minute. She says AND signs more and it's just too cute to say no to.
--she loves Smarties (thanks to Stephanie Snuffer who supplied them to her during MANY church meetings). I think smarties are disgusting but they are now a staple in our home. Thanks Steph.
--For a while, everything was a "quack, quack." Once she learned what ducks say, she decided that's what everyone says. Until she said "quack quack" to Jaida who promptly informed her "Mya, I'm not a quack quack, I'm a Jaida."
--She loves to be held. By pretty much anyone. Ask any of my friends who come over. They've all been ropped into lugging her around the house. I don't think there's a shy bone in her body. I breed social kids. No idea why. :)
--Mya loves books. But she likes to read them to herself. when I try to read the words, she rips it out of my hands and starts in with her gibberish talk.
--She has just started to like elmo of "melmo" as she calls him (or her. . .what sex is elmo?) which is slightly unfortunate for me. When I was pregnant with jaida and was going through my sick months, Jaida watched a whole lot of elmo so now everytime I hear it's voice, I get sick to my stomach.
--Mya loves to be naked and to show everyone her budda belly. She's quite proud of it and well she should be.
It's late. My girls are hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your cute girls! You are going to cherish all of these little quirky things.
I loved this. I am going to have to copy you. But copying is the best flattery, isn't it? Liv did the "soak the handtowel" thing, too. For like two years. She also called Elmo "Melmo." (He's a boy, or he should be!) Kids are too darn cute. Glad you wrote these down. Now if I can quit reading your blog, I'll have time to write down the cute things MY kids do...
I don't know if your kids are the only funny kids out there, but I swear they are. I laugh out loud EVERY time I read your blog. I think half of the humor is knowing you and reading what your reactions are. Too funny.
Post a Comment