We have at least survived the first part of the move!
Some highlights and info.
We live in Lehi. I figure it's big enough no blog psycho can track us down. Not sure how we feel about living in Utah county yet. Could be interesting.
We filled a 26 foot U-haul TWICE. We have way too much crap. On one trip, half the truck was full of toys. Time to stop my addiction of buying them.
House specs: 4 bed, 4 bath (WAY too many to clean), great room, toy room, and a place for a photography studio (wahoo!)
We've met several neighbors. There are TONS of kids. And EVERY house on our street has a mini-van in the garage. We will always be left out of the mini-van club and I don't feel one bit bad about it.
It takes Mike approximately one minute to get to work. He now comes home for lunch and because of his shortened commute we now have 2 more hours a day together. I take that back. . .it's actually 1 1/2 hours extra together(I'm usually not awake before he leaves--I've semi-trained the girls to sleep in).
It took me 3 days to find silverware to eat with.
Half the basement is already full of stuff I couldn't find places for. The "studio" area is still filled with un-opened boxes.
Mike finally got to buy his flat-screen TV and we love it. Survivor in HD is about as good as it gets. :)
The first day we got here, Jaida went missing for about 10 minutes. I found her two doors down playing in the neighbors house (who I hadn't met). She saw a little girl outside her age and decided to invite herself over to their house. The newest priority is to install high doorlocks on all doors leading outside.
Mya thinks it's really funny to run into the street. Thankfully we live on a very low-traffic road.
Our master bathroom feels like another bedroom and the tub is enormous. It took 20 minutes to fill it up. Definitely worth it. Until Jaida got her swimming suit on and decided to join me.
The house has no blinds yet, making sleeping in quite difficult. That is high on the priority list. Unfortunately the "priority" list is quite long.
We are accepting visitors anytime!!! :)
And a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped in the moving process, supplying boxes, watching kids, etc. We couldn't have done it without you. Well, we could have, but it would have been a lot harder. So thanks! We really appreciate it.
4 comments:
Yeah! Glad your in! Want to come see it.
Yay! Glad we are neighbors again! Can't wait to see the digs!
Hey congratulations on the big move to Utah County. This is Kin's sister Sharon. I was excited to see your comments on my blog and then to check out yours and find out you moved to Lehi. I live in Lehi too, so maybe we will run in to each other at the store. I live up from Lowe's. It isn't too bad down here in Utah County as long as you're a BYU fan and not a UTE. Just kidding. Good luck and if you need anything in Lehi get my number from Kim and call me.
Hey! I'm so happy you sent me your blog address-it is SO cute. Your girls are hilarious, and darling of course. I also love checking out your photography blog, you are so good. I've had tons of people ask for your info! Thanks again for doing that for us. Oh, and I agree that Jaimi needs to give up the fight and just dive into the blogging world. Keep up the nagging from your end and I'll do the same. Hope you and your fam are doing great! Congrats on the move. :)
Post a Comment