Every so often I go to McDonald's with one of my friends and her girls (holla Brittany). It's fun because usually her oldest does something that makes me laugh. Like going in to the boys bathroom, taking her pants off, and coming back out without them (we had to find a man to go in and retrieve the clothes for us). Or dropping a bottle of chocolate milk on the floor that exploded and landed all over the man next to us who then wiped it off his shirt, pants, face. So every time we go to McDonalds, I'm just waiting for what her daughter might do next.
Well. Today was payback day. For all my laughter.
Today I met a friend who is in town from Jerusalem (yes, she lives in Jerusalem) so we met in Bountiful (because she was coming from Morgan--I know you care). We chose McDonald's so the girls could run while we talked.
5 minutes after we got there, Jaida appeared at the top of one of the tubes in tears, horrified, and then the dreaded words "Mom. I peed."
Um. What?! You peed? Like, in the playplace you peed?
You betcha. And she was wearing a skirt which means NO absorption.
There was no way I was going to make someone from McDonalds climb up into the playplace and clean up my kids urine, so I coaxed Jaida down in tears near hysteria. She was embarrassed. Can't blame her. So I tried to downplay the whole thing. No big deal. You peed. In the playplace. No big deal.
Thankfully I had extra clothes, so I got her cleaned up and changed. Then filled my arms with mounds of paper towels, grabbed my diaper bag wipes, and headed up.
My friend (thanks again Apes) who is barely pushin' 5 feet, volunteered to go up for me. Um, yea, not sending my friend up to clean the pee either.
Unfortunately, J hadn't peed since the night before (no idea why she didn't go before we left the house) so the volume was ridiculous. And I had to send a little boy down the playplace to retrieve me more paper towels.
All the while, I had a little audience of boys who kept saying "Sick, there's pee all over" and a few boys who were actually trying to climb over me and through the pee.
It was all the way down one of the tubes.
After severals runs of paper towels, a whole bundle of wipes, and a TON of sanitizer spray, I got it cleaned up.
I won't share what was going through my head the entire time.
Hands washed.
No big deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh, Lindsay. You seem like such an amazing mom. Do you ever lose it?!!! I'm serious. I have to know. I need you to mentor me.
are you kidding me? I am so happy to be able to see your blog...soooo entertaining:) My nephew pooped in a playplace once upon a time. And about a month ago Mariko barfed all over a table inside the play area. good times. you poor mom.
I love your life!!!
You win. That's it. You win. And thank heavens for that. I no longer want to compete. Let this be the end all of our adventures. Please.
Ha ha. That was great. I only wish that I was there to experience it.
Your the best. Your a great mom. Yay!
The only thing that would have made that better is if you had gotten stuck.
So is this friend April? And if so,you will you send me their contact info. Does she have a blog? I'd love to hear what they are doing in Jer!
Love reading your posts by the way. Always bringing a smile to my face.:)
Okay, so I see they have a blog...will you tell her to invite me to be her friend?:)
emilyjanashby@yahoo.com
thanks lindsay.:)
hahahahahaha Ooooh this post cracked me up. I could SO see myself in this situation for some reason. You tell a great story. I love reading your blog-I hope you don't mind me...Jaimi's sister..in law..reading your blog now and again. Every time I do, I come out laughing..and it always makes me feel a little bit more normal in my own insanity.
Post a Comment