As a doctor who worked odd hours, my dad was often tired. Really tired. And there was one sure sign that he was about to fall asleep. . . .he'd rub his hair. Weird, yes. But that's what he did. So if he started rubbing his hair while he was driving, we knew we either need to be loud, poke him, roll the window down, whatever it took to keep him awake or we were all probably going to die.
I think that is where Mya gets her weird falling asleep habit. She twirls her hair. Which is why her hair is usually in two pigtails on top. Because when she falls asleep, she wants to twirl a pigtail in each hand.
On the way home from the lake, she was tired. And when I looked back, I saw this. She had fallen asleep twirling her hair. But had twirled a knot in her hair catching her finger in the middle. And it just hung there until I pulled it out. Pretty good knot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SO FUNNY--both my girls are "twirlers". It must be relaxing or something.
LOL. I rub my hair between my thumb and fingernails on every finger. WEIRD. I've only met one other person that does that. I stil do it. It looks like I'm picking at my head.
#2 rubbed her blanket in her ear and nose. #1 chews on her hair.
that is so cute! i love she twirls her hair when she is tired like your dad- that is so cute!
Post a Comment