Thursday, March 6, 2008

The PCC

I just realized I never put on any photos from our day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Mike thought it was "overrated" but I love it. And I think the girls had a great time. You're not allowed to take flash photography during the show, so I set up my tripod in front of my seat and tried to get a few pictures without the flash. A few turned out.




Enjoying a little tropical drink. She's definitely her daddy's girl.




This guy was hilarious. He was in the Samoan village and he got away with all sorts of racial comments. Perhaps it was because he was making them about japanese people and none of them spoke English. We all got a good laugh.





Samoan palm tree climber. Unfortunately, he climbed a tree that was right next to me so my angle wasn't the best! I'm pretty sure you can't see anything questionable, but feel free to look harder if you want. :)




Mya loved the little shows in the villages, especially Tonga where they played the drums. She clapped right along with them.





The Samoa guy again in the evening show. As far as I could tell, there was nothing on his feet when he put the fire on them, but there probably was. Regardless, it's a cool picture.





Getting in the Hawaiian spirit. I'll probably get in trouble for posting this!





Nice tongue. holy crap.





That dude has fire coming out of his bumb. Crazy.





Typical pyros putting fire in their mouth. There is nothing intelligent about that, but it's fun to watch.





I had MAJOR camera malfunctions during this picture and I'm way bummed because it was hilarious. Jaida and Mya were Japanese ROCKSTARS. They went NUTS over the girls. I guess it was the fair skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes and the fact that Mya is just funny to watch anyway. I can't even count how many pictures were taken of them. This group of girls was my favorite. It was "flash city" when they saw Jaida and Mya. They just kept snapping more and more pictures and they were screaming and dancing around everytime the girls (and Kelli's kids) made any sort of movement. So I asked to take one of them and the screaming was ear piercing. The phrase "Take mah pictcha" took on a whole new meaning after this trip. I love that they all do the "peace sign" in the pictures. Perhaps making up for the fact that they bombed us. Totally kidding, relax.
By the end of the trip, anytime Jaida saw a Japanese person, she would stop, do a little pose, and smile. And then she'd try to talk to them. . .in Japanese. Love that girl.

1 comment:

ATT said...

now imagine having to experience that scene with the japanese for 25 months straight...I have shoe boxes full of mission photos with peace signs. I'm sure Danny has the same.