We don't have many photos of Carter in his carseat. A.) because I'm driving and taking pictures is discouraged B.) because he's usually blue in the face from crying by the time we get anywhere that the only thing on our mind is to get him out. Get him out. Get him out. And C.) he never ever ever ever ever stayed asleep in his car seat. Not even when he was brand new. The second the car stopped, he woke up. And after the 2 week "grace period" of sleeping after a baby is born, he rarely, if ever fell asleep in the car anyway. Maddening.
It's incredible how much "pain" one little seat can cause. The amount of crying/screaming/hysteria that has resulted from being strapped down and facing backwards is alarming. This was one of the last times he rode in the infant carseat. Despite laws and safety concerns, I turned Carter around at 10 1/2 months because I just couldn't take it anymore. I figured it was more of a hazard for me to drive with the anxiety induced from the screaming. So we turned him around. And then I could hand him dum dums and he could watch Baby Einstein over, and over, and over. It revolutionized our "in the car" lives. Literally. I no longer get gut aches from the mere thought of even a 5 minute drive in the car. Now we can go at least 30 min. :)
I was putting him in the seat, and the light was beautiful, and the mood was right. So pictures we took.




2 comments:
Baby H does not seem to be a car seat lover.
Do you know what traffic is like here? It's not uncommon for me to get stuck in traffic - and spend 2 hours traveling 8 miles.
How did you make it through, because just the thought of having to put him in the car right now makes me nauseated!
I love your lil gingy man!!! (Not partial by any means...) ;)
Post a Comment