Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jaida in the First Grade?!!

Much to my dismay, Jaida is growing up.  Fast.  And this year she started 1st grade (5 months ago).  She was actually really excited.  Until she got there.  And then there was a scene.  That involved her shrieking, the teacher peeling her off my leg, and me running.  I felt bad leaving her behind sobbing, but whatta ya do.  The police will take me to jail if she doesn't go to school, right?  Right.
By the time she got home, she "loved first grade".  She went to school fine the next day.  Although she has had various episodes throughout the year where she decides she "hates" school and doesn't want to go.  It gets ugly sometimes.  Not days I'd like to remember.  But one day I'll be able to tease her about it. Just not yet.  
Her teacher is young.  And very laid back.  Jaida seems to like her as much as she likes anything.  She's not one to get attached to particular things, or people.  Kinda like her mom.
Her first day at school was endless for me and Mya.  It felt like she was gone forever.  It still seems like she's gone forever.  It's a very long day.  Mya and I like having her around so we have to create lots of adventures to keep ourselves busy while Jaida the entertainer is busy with learning.





No comments: