Monday, March 3, 2008

Great Quote

I'm a quote person. Love them. And I plan to have them all over my house when we get a house of our own (some day we'll grow up!). So if you have good quotes, send them my way.
I just noticed this quote on my friends blog (thanks Jacqui) and thought it was great. Enjoy!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." -marjorie pay hinckley

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great quote. Can I do all those things, but still have my hair look good?

Em said...

you want quotes......i put out the "daily dosage" on my page every morning before work...

Jacqui said...

My hair rarely looks good, that's why I like this quote so much!

Actually, I love this quote because it gives me the chills every time I read it. It's what I want to be.

Hollie said...

Great quote, my sister has one on her blog from Pres. Hinckley that is similar, too bad you're not invited to view her blog and too bad I'm too lazy to go to her blog, copy it, come back to your blog and paste it here. I'm making a baby here, I can't do too much that stresses me out.

Rebecca said...

Matt hopes you buy a big enough house so you can put this quote up on the wall.