Monday, March 3, 2008

Jurassic Park

You know the part in Jurassic Park where the big guy (I think his name was Cedric) is trying to make it to the boat before they leave in the middle of the storm and his jeep goes off track and he ends up face to face with a nasty looking dinosaur that climbs in his car and sprays some sort of venomous funk all over his face and in his eyes. . . .well, picture that scene and you'll have a little taste of what I experienced two nights ago.
It was 4 in the morning and Jaida was making her "I'm about to throw up" noises (yes, she throws up often, and no she's not sick. It's bizarre and it only happens in the night. love it). She had started out in her own bed, but came in our room around 2 and I get up enough with Mya that I just throw Jaida in the bed when she comes in. I thought about getting the puke bucket (those pink "bathtubs" they let you take home when you just have a baby) that we keep near the beds at all times, but it wasn't there and I was super tired so I just hoped the noises weren't what I thought. About 10 minutes later Jaida sat up and gave the all too familiar cry and before I could react, she made a nasty noise and suddenly my face (which was about 2 feet away from her) was covered, yes covered, with throw-up. Some of it got in my eye, which really stings by the way. The rest ended up all over the bed, pillows, sheets. we made it to the bathroom for the second wave. All I could do was laugh. And then shower while Mike cleaned up the sheets and pillows. He's getting good at this as this is the 7th or 8th time this has happened. We've got the clean up process down to a science and are usually back in bed within 2 minutes of the entire episode. This is the first time I got some on my face. And hopefully the last. If anyone wants to let me know why she does that, I'd love you forever! I'd call the doctor, but I'm tired of the "we're not sure what that is" answers.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the awesome details! Anyone want lunch?

Brit H. said...

Ugh! I could have gone the whole day with out that image burned into my mind...yuck! Ha ha, funny though!

Mommy McD said...

Yummy...

Melissa said...

I love your blog. You make motherhood seem like an enjoyable adventure.

Lindsay said...

Melissa,
I'm so glad you said that! Sometimes I think people get the wrong idea from me. . .that I'm complaining or don't enjoy being a mom. It's quite the opposite. My girls are awesome. We have so much fun together. Yes, there are some ridiculous things that go along with being a parent, but it's always an adventure and I'm pretty good at laughing at just about anything!!!