Saturday, March 15, 2008

Random Facts

So I got "tagged" to tell 7 weird or random things about myself. So I'll put my own twist on the tag and do everyone in my family just for fun.

Mike:
1. He's obsessed with boats and water sports. He's counting down the minutes until we can buy our own boat (and we definitely will. . .soon, hopefully) and his main goal every year is to figure out a way to get to Lake Powell
2. He's really, really funny. He's not a very talkative person, but when you get him going, he's hilarious.
3. He makes up lyrics to songs. Often. There are very few songs he knows the real lyrics too (except for Counting Crows songs. . .he knows all the lyrics to those) so he just makes stuff up. And sometimes he composes his own song entirely!
4. He loves rice (almost as much as Jaida). He's not a picky eater at all, but he doesn't eat a lot. I feel like I'm always out-eating him.
5. One of his favorite movies is Top Gun. He could probably recite most of the movie to you if you want. He also loves Goonies and Karate Kids. ha ha
6. He knows something about everything. Very, very smart.
7. He can fall asleep in less than a minute and he can sleep through ANYTHING!! It's impressive.

Me:
1. I hate swimming in the ocean. It terrifies me. I'm not a good swimmer, so that could be why, but I'm always afraid I'll get sucked out to sea.
2. I can't eat anything spicy. Mild salsa is pushing it for me. I have a very weak tongue.
3. I have to have a nightlight on when I go to sleep. Not so much because I'm afraid of the dark (although many times I am) but because I probably go to the bathroom at least 3 times a night and I need to be able to see.
4. I sleep with a fan on (a heater during the winter). I need the noise. I can't sleep in silence.
5. I get scared going into basements by myself. And I'm not ashamed about that. :)
6. After watching a scary movie one time, I woke Mike up everytime I had to go to the bathroom that night so he could make sure I made it back safely. ha ha
7. I LOVE to read. I've always loved to read. I think it's weird that some people actually don't read books.

Jaida:
1. She gets obsessed with random things (i.e. outfits, TV shows, movies) and sticks with them for a few weeks and then moves on to something else.
2. She HATES long sleeve shirts. She puts up a huge fight about wearing them, but never complains about being cold so we usually just let her wear short sleeves (a "sleeve" shirt as she calls them).
3. She would eat rice and beans for every meal if we'd let her.
4. Loves, loves, loves High School Musical and often pretends she's Gabriella. I can sing all the songs for you if you'd like.
5. She keeps track of EVERYTHING. It's almost as if she takes a quick mental inventory of everything and everyone in the room and always knows where anything is and what everyone is doing. If I ever can't find something, I ask Jaida first and she almost always knows where it is. Sometimes it's frightening how amazing her memory is.
6. She is the most social little kid I've ever seen. She'll talk to anyone, anytime. Embarrassing sometimes, worrisome others. I'm afraid she'd wander off with anyone if they were willing to listen to her.
7. Jaida is really funny. She's got a great sense of humor and keeps me laughing all day long

Mya:
1. Has the most contagious smile. And she smiles all the time. She'll make you feel like you're her best friend in a matter of seconds.
2. She is also very social and will let anyone hold her.
3. Words she can say: Mom, mom, mom, mom (over and over and over and over, really, really loudly), dada, Jaida (she says it really clearly. . in fact, I think that was her first official word), quack, woof, look, book, get down (that was her first phrase. . .she's been saying that for months).
4. She's very unstable. She falls all the time.
5. When we ride in the car she fake laughs. It's pretty funny.
6. She's a picky eater (I know it's hard to tell). And she refuses to let me feed her.
7. She loves to dance. Anytime she hears a tune, she busts a move. And she's got some pretty sweet movies and the booty to support it.

So there you go. Random, weird, whatever. I tag whoever feels like doing it. It's kind of fun and good journaling.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

We are two birds of a feather about being a chicken. I am the biggest chicken. I have to keep all closet doors closed when I go to bed because if they're open I can literally "see" (ie imagine) the wolf off of The Never Ending Story looking out of the darkness at me! And I imagine he'll pounce! (I might have to blog this...) Even when I nurse Eliza at night in the dark, I have to shut her closet. Dark, open closets freak me out. Probably because of my 12-year-old experience seeing Nightmare on Elm street. I slept with a nightlight on until I was 18, and not to go to the bathroom. Anyway...

Loved these random things. I feel bad I blogged about Miss Liv's poopy behavior. Now I think I need to write a list of all the great things about her. I may copy this blog. Fun!

Jen-ben said...

Hey...there's Jacqui.... :) So your comment brought me here! Now I get to see your oh so cute fam! Your girls are adorable!
I just wanted to tell you if you ever have any questions I can try and help! I know how frustrating it can be to email a bazillion photographers and get no where. What's up with that?
See ya!

Jen-ben said...

:) Hi again too....I have one May 3rd that my assistant isn't coming to. You're more than welcome to tag along. You can email me if you're interested:
fausetphotography@gmail.com