Friday, January 28, 2011

The Kitchen Sink.

If there is one motherly task I don't think I will ever miss, it's bath time.  I hate bath time.  Hate it.  It's messy.  It hurts my back.  It feels long.  And tiresome.  And I'm usually not happy by the time it's all over for various reasons.  So when I have babies, I bathe them in the kitchen sink as long as possible.  Until they're big enough to try and dive out of the sink.  This was Carter's last bath in the kithen sink.  He was 9 1/2 months old.  It was a sad day for me.  He tried to climb out.  And he was wet.  And very slippery.  And very nearly did a head dive onto the tile floor.  Boo, boo, boo for bathtubs.  





3 comments:

Mrs. Wookie said...

Okay, so I'm going to come out and delurk myself. I'm your cousin's (Sarah McD) kinda-uber-awesome friend. I've stalked you for awhile (she's probably told you). But I figure I'd out myself to you finally.

You make some cute bebes. And I don't blame you on the sink bathing sitch. I'd bathe in the sink if my butt would fit. Because then I could totally watch tv. :D

Jacqui said...

I just bathed my 55 lb. Ethan in a sink at our hotel because the bathroom is full. He was wearing his swim suit to spare himself embarassment, but it was still pretty cute.

kristin said...

that is hilarious and even better that your sink is big enough@!! 9 1/2 months is pretty dang good!!