Because heaven knows, I need all the smiles I can get right now. The one night of sleep for Carter was a fluke. And last night was bad. Real bad. Don't I have some genius friends out there that can figure this out?? Seriously.
Anyway, on to smiling.
**Carter still "sings" when he falls asleep. Melts my heart. Every time.
**Jaida loves Justin Bieber. Screams, dances, twirls, blushes, whenever she sees him on TV. Mya got her a Justin Bieber t-shirt for Christmas. It kinda goes against my "no character clothes or shoes" policy, but I let that one slide since he's not really a character.
**The girls have been calling Mike "hoppy" since he hurt his ankle. I'm pretty sure Mike doesn't like it, but it makes me laugh.
**I sing to Mya every night before she goes to bed. My repertoire of songs is limited. Last night she requested "no church songs please".
**Jaida refuses to wear socks. So she's been going to school in flats. Kinda cold in the snow. But she'd take that over wearing socks. I can't blame her either. I hate socks too and still wear flip-flops in the winter. It drives Mike crazy. And makes me smile. :)
**Carter has figured out how to turn in circles while standing. But he's still kind of a wobbly walker. So he looks drunk when he's doing it. I have yet to get it on video because I'm laughing too hard.
**Mya was playing with toys and dropped something. Then I hear "Shit.....Shoot....Shit....Shoot.... (long pause)" "Mooooom. Can I say shit or shoot?" She can't remember which one is okay.
**For some reason my girls think "butler" is a bad word. So they say it and giggle and giggle and giggle. And I don't say anything because it's not a bad word. And they think they're getting away with something. It's great.
**No matter how hard I try to keep bathroom doors closed, the girls keep opening them. And I always know Carter found his way in there because the whole roll of toilet paper is unravelled on the floor. It should probably make me mad, but he's still little enough it makes me smile.
**Mya puts her earphones on, turns the music as loud as it goes, and sings her heart out whether she knows the words or not. She usually knows at least a few so she'll mumble the ones she doesn't know and then YELL the words she does. Her favorite song right now "Your love is my drug." For the record, I did NOT put that on her ipod.
**Mya: "Mom, thank you for making dinner, but it is disgusting."
**Jaida has been waking up at night from bad dreams (supposedly). She then wakes me up and wants me to lay in her bed with her. Turns out I'm getting up enough with Carter. I can't get up with her too. So the first time I suggested we say a prayer. Jaida quickly learned that if she wakes us up and asks "I'm scared will you say a prayer with me?" it lessens the anger. Smart little cookie.
**Mya has now been on the phone with her friend for 10 minutes negotiating whose house to play at. They both want to play at their own houses. I hope that lasts for a long, long time. I'd rather have them here than somewhere else.
And now I will go drink another Diet Coke. Because as a friend of mine once said "It's like opening a can of hope." Now that makes me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love the list, and laughed at all of them!! You do have to stop and record the things they do that you love because that is what keeps us going!@! good luck at the doctors tomorrow!!
Post a Comment